In my line of work, I am often asked for skincare and makeup tips for people to look their best. Trust me, there is no topic I like to discuss more! I am always on the look out for the newest, most innovative products to deal with skin’s little imperfections. People seek advice on what they can do to look beautiful yet natural, how to prep their skin, and how to ensure that their makeup will last throughout their evening.
To begin, I will share my beauty advice that you can achieve naturally!
- Be you! Don’t focus on impressing anyone! I think one should always create a look that they feel the best and most confident in. I think people look their best when they are genuinely happy and feel good about themselves. Remember, your inner thoughts and feelings shine through anything else you put on your face.
- Don’t stress! Stress attacks your skin, quality of sleep, and overall wellbeing. Be solution-focused. If your skin is going through a rough patch, there are always products to help you through it, either to remedy it or hide it. If you are struggling with a chronic skin problem, like acne or rosacea, consult your doctor for advice.
- Eat your greens! I am a strong advocate for living a healthy lifestyle. Clean eating and exercising has boosted my mood, energy levels, decreased my level of stress, and have helped me look healthier! This is not an easy change but I have never regretted it. Since eating a diet rich in nutrients and vitamins, I feel radiant inside and out.
A healthy lifestyle does wonders for your appearance but I wouldn’t be a makeup artist if I wasn’t passionate about products! I love the transformative power of good skincare and makeup, whether you want a natural, sun kissed look or a vampy, sexy one. Without further ado,
Here are my current GO TO products for everyday glamour:
- Give your skin some love! My favourite step of my skin care routine is applying Vintner’s Daughter Active Botanical Serum. This product has changed my skin’s overall complexion and glow! It is a must have. You can order online but I get mine directly through LBV Lifestyle in Kelowna, BC!
- When doing makeup on myself or others, I always apply eye makeup first to avoid any fallout. Remember to prime your eyelids! Personally, I love Tom Ford Eye Color Quad in 04 honeymoon. The warm tones and shimmer in this quad are gorgeous. I think it fits perfectly for a romantic look.
- To enhance my glow, I use Laura Mercier Foundation Primer in Radiance. This step will make foundation stay longer as well as help you apply it more seamlessly.
- My ultimate favourite foundation is Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation. This foundation has just the right amount of coverage and glow without looking unnatural. Add concealer of choice after this step. I love Cle de Peau Beaute Concealer, It is a makeup artist favourite because of the way it “camouflages imperfections while still brightening the skin”; however, it does have an expensive price point.
- I set face makeup with the Charlotte Tilbury Air Brush Flawless Finish Perfecting Micro-Powder. I love this powder because it “blurs any imperfections” and feels good on the skin.
- After setting my face, I go in with the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder to illuminate desired areas (cheeks, brow bone, cupids bow) that my powder may have mattified. This is a lovely highlight that “recreates the look of flattering light”.
- How to make the look last? Urban Decay All Nighter Makeup Setting Spray! After finishing the look with the blush, bronzer, brow product and lipstick of choice, I set makeup in place by using a setting spray. This will ensure makeup lasts all night!
I will admit that I invest a lot of money into my skincare and makeup but it is my profession and working with the best tools and products helps me achieve optimal results. There are always less expensive options … but that can be a blog post for another day! Feel free to contact me if you would like personal advice on how to discover your best look!
Ultimately, a great makeup look starts from the inside out. Take care of your health, and your heart, and choose makeup that enhances your natural beauty!
No comments yet